A few blogs ago, I wrote about coming up with 10 new ideas each day. I’ve been trying it out, and finding two things:
- it’s hard to come up with 10 new ideas each day. I tend to create “to do ” lists instead of new ideas; but
- it gets easier over time to come up with ideas!
So, here are my 10 ideas for today. They relate to my business and to my life, and I imagine you’ll figure out which is which.
- Respond to everyone who writes me an e mail today, as if he/she was my friend
- Use Roger Von Oech’s “Creative Whack Pack” for increasing my creativity (it is amazing!) http://www.creativethink.com/
- Start an Ideas Notebook for these daily ideas. And carry it with me.
- Put bird seed for the feeder on the front deck near the front deck.
- When Lucy wants to play with her toy, stop typing and focus on playing with her for a few minutes. (If I try to work while I throw the ball, the work suffers, and Lucy doesn’t have as much fun either)
- Add something completely new and different in the latest proposal I’m doing. Follow the template provided, but create a Value Add section that highlights my team’s unique attributes as necessary for a successful project
- Don’t use the word “creative” in the proposal at all. Find alternative words that are not as over-used.
- Do one thing completely unexpected today – like Kira, kissing the moose!
- Ask everyone I electronically speak to today to bookmark this site.
- You can’t come up with great ideas just sitting at your desk! Get up, look around, and think!
I challenge you: stop what you’re doing (which is reading this!) and think….come up with your own 10 ideas. They can be about work, about home, kids, dogs, whatever. Don’t create a to do list, create an Ideas list. Think outside the box, find the second right answer, reverse your thinking, borrow ideas, see the obvious, make your own rules…create! Good luck, and make sure to share your 10 ideas with me. Maybe I can borrow something from you!